Academic advising is about you.
While enrolled at UT, you and your advisor will work together to develop your academic plan. To ensure that your personal and academic needs are met, you will want to explore with an advisor your values, goals and career objectives.
Your academic advisor is knowledgeable concerning many aspects of university life and can provide you information and advice on utilizing the opportunities available on campus. While working with your advisor, you will:
- Develop your academic plan
- Learn how to be a successful college student
- Become connected to university resources and programs
- Explore major and career options
- Define your educational, career, and personal goals
Your First Advising Appointment
As an incoming transfer student, your first advising appointment at UT may be scheduled before you attend orientation or you can meet with an advisor during orientation. You must meet with an advisor before you can register for classes.
If you want to schedule your advising appointment before attending orientation, contact your college’s advising center to find out how to proceed (see list below).
Be sure to bring your transfer credit evaluation with you to your first advising appointment. Your evaluation will help you and your advisor create your first UT academic plan, which will be used to assist you with registering for classes.
Below is a list of our nine undergraduate colleges and contact information for each college’s advising center.
- Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources | 865-974-7303 | email@example.com
- Architecture & Design | 865-974-3232
- Arts & Sciences | 865-974-4483 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business, Haslam College of | 865-974-5096
- Communication & Information | 865-974-3603
- Education, Health & Human Sciences | 865-974-8194
- Engineering, Tickle College of | 865-974-4008 | email@example.com
- Nursing | 865-974-7606
- Social Work | 865-974-3351