Orientation gives you the opportunity to learn about campus life and meet with an academic advisor so you can register for classes.
During orientation, you will:
- Meet other students and learn more about UT.
- Learn about campus resources, including academic support and campus involvement.
- Figure out the logistics (housing, parking, transportation, dining, etc.).
- Learn to use online systems, such as MyUTK.
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.
- Pick up your VolCard (student ID).
- Visit your residence hall.
The orientation session you attend depends upon your term of entry. Choose from one of the following for specific information about your session and to register.
Transfer Credit Evaluations
A critical step in transferring to UT is reviewing your transfer credit evaluation. Please print your evaluation and bring it with you to orientation. It will help your academic advisor with course selection and registration.